1. Survey About Racial Climate on Campus
DePauw is administering a survey regarding racial climate on campus via the National Assessment of Collegiate Campus Climates (NACCC) portal. Though the survey is completely voluntary, students are encouraged to take it in order to help DePauw understand whether or not students of various identities feel welcomed on campus.
The survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete and can be found here.
“I think [surveys like these] should be administered more frequently because [they] will help [DePauw] get a better handle on things, as long as they actually consider the results… or learn from [them],” first year Irene Amalaraj said.
2. Summer 2021 Housing Application + Important Dates
The 2021 housing application is open via the housing portal on e-Services. All students planning on taking summer courses must complete this application, even if they do not plan to reside on campus for the summer. The application should be submitted no later than Friday, April 23, 2021 at 4 p.m.
Campus housing for the summer is limited, with priority given to those participating in academic programs such as research or May Term. All other requests will be considered based on availability. Students in pre-approved programs will be housed in Rector Village.
Housing costs will be $625 for the summer, but those already residing in university-owned housing for the spring 2021 term will not be charged for housing if they are enrolled in a May term course.
It is strongly recommended that students who reside in summer housing be vaccinated and continue following DePauw’s COVID-19 regulations and recommendations.
- Students with approved summer housing will remain in their Spring semester housing assignments until May 27, 2021.
- Approved May Term, research, and summer students will transition from their Spring housing assignment to the Summer housing assignment on May 27, 2021 from 9 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- May Term students not enrolled in an approved research program or work study will depart from their summer housing assignment on June 25, 2021
- Approved research and summer students will transition from their summer housing assignment to their fall 2021 housing assignment on Aug. 6, 2021
- Housing opens for upperclass students on Aug. 22, 2021 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
First year Lydia Williams is applying for campus housing this summer for her May Term EMT course.
“I am excited for the EMT course, since I am [on the] pre-medicine [track] and it will teach me so much important information that will help me in the future,” Williams said. “I’m glad that DePauw provided this May Term opportunity, and I’m glad to be doing this course in person.”
3. Student Resources for the Summer
The following services will be available during the summer for students:
Clinical and counseling services will be available through the end of finals to graduation in May. During the month of June, services can be arranged, though they are limited. The office will be closed during the month of July.
After-hours service to respond to immediate student emergencies/crises will continue to be readily available. For more information, see the DePauw counseling services website.
The Student Post Office will be open Monday to Friday from 1- 4:30 p.m. The office will be closed on university-approved holidays.
The DePauw Health Clinic will remain open except for when the university is completely shut down. The student side will be closed during the summer, but students can use the faculty/staff side.